Sunday, September 16, 2012

Featured artist: Angela Warren-Mixson/Crafty Ridge


Today I'm pleased to introduce you to Angela Warren-Mixson with Crafty Ridge.  Read more about her fabulous work here:


I create and sell handmade items on Etsy. My favorite medium is crochet and I am a proud member of The Artisan Group.

Crafty Ridge is an eclectic blend of fun and unique crocheted items that can fit into just about anyone's life. There is a mix of fantasy and functionality in the items I have available. They are all handmade and have their individual quirks.

Girl's Sock Monkey Hat


Being a SciFi geek and fantasy aficionado (summed up that means I'm a bit of a nerd) I love making anything from baby hats to the fun and unusual. I am inspired but just about anything. I love the fun and unusual, so I am pulled towards a lot of scifi and fantasy. However I also love creating beautiful accessories that everyone could use.



Bearded Viking Hat


When I began crocheting my unique items it was just a fun way to create wearable art for family and friends. I never would have thought that it would have grown into something as great as Crafty Ridge. I am a proud member of the Artisan Group and through them I have been able to gift the beautiful and hilarious Amy Poehler as well as participate in the Press Bags at the 2013 Golden Globes. I thank my wonderful family and friends for being a ginormous support system and encouraging me to do what I love.

Cotton Washcloths and Face Scrubbies



 I absolutely love my Bearded Viking and adore my Infinity Scarf in Oceans' which I sent to Amy Poehler, but honestly I think I fall in love with just about every creation for one reason or another. At least when I get it right.

Infinity Scarf in Ocean's


I am a full time mother and wife who is trying to build Crafty Ridge into my full time job. Here is more information on where you can fine me:

@CraftyRidge on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful feature! I love the Viking hat and there are even more cool things in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your feature... the Viking hat is so neat and so is the monkey hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feature and great items!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for featuring my shop www.CraftyRidge.com!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...