Sunday, March 17, 2013

Etsy shop review - Wendy's Wonders

It's my pleasure to introduce to you today to Wendy of Wendy's Wonders. Please take some time to learn about her fabulous work!



My name is Wendy and I am the owner and designer at Wendy's Wonders. I am a self taught knitter and pattern writer. I learned to knit about 10 years ago after I had my first child, and have been on a wonderful journey since.

Men's Knit Beanie

My Etsy shop came about 2 years ago, due to some life changes and the need to try to make a living through my knitting accessories. I was determined to work out of the house so I could still be available for my children as they needed me. So Wendy's Wonders was born.

Winter Wool Scarf
 In my Etsy shop you will find lots of accessories that are an original design. I love to write my patterns. I try to use only natural fiber. Wool, Mohair and Alpaca are a few favorites. 


Hand Painted Knitted Shawl
I also have learned to spin my own yarn over the years and hope to have a lovely collection of hand-spun items in the future. I am always learning new techniques and writing new patterns. So when visiting my shop, you will always find something new. I have plans to have a collection of Men's Winter Accessories for next season, including hats, scarves and fingerless gloves.

Bulky Fingerless Gloves
I best accomplishments so far would be my collections of hats. I really love each and every one of them. I am very happy to have written that patterns for this collections. Also, thankfully that they are loved by the public also.

Women's Big Bow Knitted Headband
<Dorene inserting.... Wendy did not provide a link to her favorite finished product, but as a fellow knitter and crocheter, I have to say I love this area rug!!!>

Crochet Circle Area Rug


My Wonders can be found in two Rhode Island shops. A salon called Luniac Glamour in East Greenwich, RI. and a small market shop called Small Circle in Providence, RI.  I can also be found on facebook: 


*****************************************************************************

To my readers,

Every other Sunday I like to introduce you to an artisan who sells on Etsy.  If you, or someone you know is interested in a feature, please email me at DLitesbyDorene@gmail.com I can send you my sample interview questions! 

5 comments:

  1. Great story. I love that she is starting to make her own yarn now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great of you to feature other artists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!


    Here is my web page raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...