Those of you who have followed me for a while know I spend a lot of my time marketing my business. Did you know:
- My first marketing initiative was my newsletter. It has grown from 20+ close friends to nearly 100 people including customers, vendors, and others who are interested? I've also grown the format from a simple Publisher piece to an electronic newsletter with subscriptions? (If you haven't already, you can subscribe here.)
- I have a Facebook Fan page with over 120 fans and I give away a free product every month?
- Through the prodding of the Etsy Promotional Frenzy Team, my third marketing initiative was Twitter. I never thought I would tweet, and now I have a Klout score of 37. (Go to www.klout.com for more on this). You can follow me @DLitesbyDorene.
- I've fallen in love with Pinterest.
- I've written 24 blog posts.
Perhaps this isn't earth shattering news or the strongest of social media efforts out there, but for someone who began this business venture less than a year ago and had no interest in SEO, it's been huge for me personally.
I share this with you today for three reasons:
- I love sharing my product. Please "like" my Facebook page if you haven't already.
- I hope to encourage everyone out there that working the social media is easy to do, although it does take time, skill and practice for the efforts to reap the benefits.
- To thank you for reading my post and to offer you an additional 15% off any purchase (including sales and clearance) through the end of March. If you email your order to me, the discount will be subtracted from your final price; if you purchase through my Etsy shop, please use coupon code BLOGLOVER at checkout.
I hope you continue to follow me through whichever media outlet you prefer. But please know I offer different specials at various times through all of my marketing initiatives.
Thank you so much for your support! Enjoy the green this weekend!