Sunday, March 18, 2012

Follow up to Blogger Blues

Not too long ago, I wrote about my case of "Blogger Blues." Many of you responded that you feel the same from time to time. It's no wonder! Many of my followers are running their own business, sometimes in addition to working part or full time, in addition to family responsibilities.


Some of you responded to the post with comments of "yes, me to!" or even words of wisdom.  Well, today I have a few words of wisdom of my own.


Ok, they aren't quite my own.  While waiting and hoping to get into a Tophatter auction today (another post), I was wandering around the web, trying to find pieces of business advice I could use.  In doing so, I came across the website Hubspot.com.  If you're not familiar with it, check it out.  There is a good, free analysis of your social media ranking, accompanied with a few free white papers on how to optimize your online presence.  (I downloaded their ebooks on Twitter, blogs, and Facebook.)  


While there, I perused their blog and found this awesome article on 41 Fresh Blog Post Ideas for Your Company Blog.  I hope you take the time to check out the website and to read the article on your own, but for those of you with time poverty, here is my Top Ten List:

  1. Share a tip of things to avoid.
  2. Relate your how-to content to a current event or celebrity. Example "5 _____Lessons from Lady Gaga" or "What the Election Teaches Us About_____".
  3. Do a links-round up of relevant news for your community.
  4. Do a round-up of your most popular posts.
  5. Respond to industry research with your own perspective.
  6. Feature guest posts from industry experts.
  7. Publish responses to frequently asked questions about your industry.
  8. Interview your favorite customer.
  9. Run a contest and give away something relevant to your community.
And Number 10: (I really wish there were an auto feature to count down from 10 to 1)

Ask for guest posts from community members!

I love that one! I need to have a few of these in my pocket for whenever my well or my time runs dry!

What tips do you have? Comment and take my poll on the right! (And yes, I may feature them - with credit to the author - in the future!)

4 comments:

  1. I missed your first blogger blues. I'm right there with you. Thanks for the ideas and the link. Can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great tips! I've been thinking about doing #8 and #9, interviews and a giveaway, but am going to wait until my blog grows a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try to do something about scent and seasonality? Which scents are popular this season, and why?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...