Sunday, October 28, 2012

Featured artist - Sarah B. Haffner of 2 Bee Press

Today I'm pleased to introduce to your Sarah B. Haffner of 2 Bee Press. Read more about here wonderful work here:



I am a native Oregonian and grew up on a small family farm outside of Corvallis.  I was a rambunctious child but if you gave me some paper and crayons I was quietly entertained for a good hour.  

Pocket travel journal, set of 3
Growing up I had dreams of living abroad or in a big city and I am lucky to have done both.  I lived in Toyama, Japan for a few years and in NY City.   I love all the color, texture and creativity found in all of the places I have lived.  I especially fell in love with Japanese Decorative Paper and while in NY I took some book binding classes.  

Cozy Camper moleskin travel journal
I would design just to unwind and I would give my creations away to friends and family.  One day a friend suggested I open a shop on Etsy and that is how I got started. 

Pine tree Christmas gift tag

I love everything I create.  If I don’t love it I won’t sell it.  All of my creations have different origins and inspiration, no two were created in exactly the same way.  One of my earliest creations is a simple design inspired by my time in Japan.

Waves, water, clouds gift tags
My main job is as a research assistant providing information to help teachers.  I also work for my husband prepping canvases and working on his online site – to premier soon.  My other interests are; movies, hiking, beach combing and growing flowers in the garden.

Origami paper cranes in blue
I hope you enjoy my designs as much as I enjoy creating them. The designs for my cards, journal covers and gift tags have a rustic, homemade feel that all things made by hand have. My items are meant to be used and shared, by doing so I hope they will have a life of their own. 

Nautical moleskin journal set

I can be found at:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...