Sunday, October 28, 2012

Featured artist - Sarah B. Haffner of 2 Bee Press

Today I'm pleased to introduce to your Sarah B. Haffner of 2 Bee Press. Read more about here wonderful work here:



I am a native Oregonian and grew up on a small family farm outside of Corvallis.  I was a rambunctious child but if you gave me some paper and crayons I was quietly entertained for a good hour.  

Pocket travel journal, set of 3
Growing up I had dreams of living abroad or in a big city and I am lucky to have done both.  I lived in Toyama, Japan for a few years and in NY City.   I love all the color, texture and creativity found in all of the places I have lived.  I especially fell in love with Japanese Decorative Paper and while in NY I took some book binding classes.  

Cozy Camper moleskin travel journal
I would design just to unwind and I would give my creations away to friends and family.  One day a friend suggested I open a shop on Etsy and that is how I got started. 

Pine tree Christmas gift tag

I love everything I create.  If I don’t love it I won’t sell it.  All of my creations have different origins and inspiration, no two were created in exactly the same way.  One of my earliest creations is a simple design inspired by my time in Japan.

Waves, water, clouds gift tags
My main job is as a research assistant providing information to help teachers.  I also work for my husband prepping canvases and working on his online site – to premier soon.  My other interests are; movies, hiking, beach combing and growing flowers in the garden.

Origami paper cranes in blue
I hope you enjoy my designs as much as I enjoy creating them. The designs for my cards, journal covers and gift tags have a rustic, homemade feel that all things made by hand have. My items are meant to be used and shared, by doing so I hope they will have a life of their own. 

Nautical moleskin journal set

I can be found at:

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creations! Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article - and beautiful items!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these things seem to be so restful - and sympathetic! Thanks for sharing them, and good luck with them.

    Am dropping by via the Etsy Seller Success forum, as I'm unashamedly looking for Followers on my blog at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com. Will be following you anyway, but do hope you'll be good enough to return the favour.

    All the best. Isobel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...